The PC Sensation PUBG Lands on Xbox
PlayerUnknown’s Battelgrounds (PUBG) on Xbox One gives console players a taste of one of the year’s biggest games, with Microsoft itself pitching in to translate the Steam Early Access smash hit to Xbox One just in time for Christmas. It is the second best selling PC-game with an estimated 20+ million copies being sold.
PUBG is a multiplayer online battle royale game where up to 100 players parachute onto an island and scavenge for weapons and equipment to kill others while avoiding getting killed themselves. The available safe area of the game’s map decreases in size over time, directing surviving players into tighter areas to force encounters. The last player or team standing wins the round.
As the Xbox One version of Battlegrounds is launching in Xbox Game Preview – the console version of Steam’s Early Access – it won’t be the same as the currently available 1.0 edition of the game on PC.
Gameplay and feature differences
- The Xbox One version will only launch with the default Erangel map, with the desert mapwon’t be available until early 2018.
- Though it won’t feature all of 1.0’s additions, according to PlayerUnknown himself Brendan Greene it include key aspects such as vaulting – allowing players to briskly climb walls, which is not only useful for getting around easier, but allows players to reach all important higher vantage points.
- Though the Xbox version will be “slightly behind”, expect a “pretty regular update cadence” as per the the PC version when it was in Early Access.
- Only third-person servers will be available at launch, with first-person coming “eventually”.
- There will be a different scheme to suit an Xbox controller versus a keyboard (which we delve into more towards the end of this article).
- Due to its online nature, playing Battlegrounds on Xbox requires an Xbox Live Gold subscription.
- The Xbox One file size is 5.24GB.
- There are no sign of loot boxes for the Xbox One version (at least, at launch), though there will be Warrior Pack DLC for a limited time and launch, featuring a balaclava, camouflage T-shirt, plus unique pants and tennis shoes.
Added By: Stealth Gaming | Date Added: 12th Dec 2017